“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. This is why complete removal is impossible, but mold remediation is not. Many restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold. This is false, as it is known that mold exists in the air, water, and even in the cleanest homes. We understand mold and mold growth, and the process that it takes to restore mold to its original, nontoxic levels. SERVPRO of Flagler County has the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business. Mold remediation is cost-effective and we can ensure to get your home back to be like it never happened.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (386) 447-2202
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (386) 447-2202
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Flagler County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2110 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: